Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Fighting Cancer One Gift at a Time

I have been very delinquent about posting to this blog. I promise I will try to post updates more frequently.

But I am very excited to show you what I’ve been up to. I posted a while ago about Spirit Jump – a totally amazing program that organizes the giving of gifts or tokens to people who need a spirit jump, often cancer patients. (More info on how to get involved below.)

I recently sent out a couple Spirit Jumps that I wanted to share with you all. Mikey is a 3 year old boy who is battling cancer. I can’t even imagine how difficult that must be for such a young kid, or his family for that matter. I made a special toy just for him. It’s a Snuggle Monster (I call this kind a Diatom) made out of super soft micro-fleece with hand stitched details. This design is perfect for small hands to hold on to, so I figured it would be a great match for Mikey.


I also sent a Spirit Jump to Ashley, an 8 year old girl who’s mom has cancer. This is something I can related to a little bit more, my dad died from cancer when I was 12. My own experiences are definitely a factor in my desire to lift the spirits of these kids. Anyway, back to the point. I chose a sweet purple monster for Ashley that I think any 8 year old girl would like!

If you like these monsters and would like to see more, check out my shop: http://www.chasingmystar.etsy.com

Spirit Jump is a program that directly connects the gift giver with a person battling cancer. It was founded in November, 2008 by two young women who have both battled cancer.

If you’re interested in more information about this great program or already know you want to be a part of it just send an email to spiritjumper@spiritjump.com and they’ll send you an email telling exactly how the program works.

If you need a spirit jump or know someone who does send an email to needaspiritjump@spiritjump.com

Take a look for yourself at their website www.spiritjump.com and follow them on twitter @spiritjump

Next Up: A Toy Society Drop! http://thetoysociety.com/

4 comments:

Meaghan said...

Wonderful post & I love your monsters...the kids are going to just luv 2 snuggle them while they are battling cancer! Thank u for being a part of Spirit Jump & putting smiles on so many faces :)

www.spiritjump.com

Chrissie said...

Thank you so much for Mikey's Buddy!! :) He loves it!! :)

Anonymous said...

yay, you're going to do a toy society drop? did you pick your spot yet?

Unknown said...

I just wanted to thank you for our monsters, and let you know I linked to your Etsy store on my blog today in appreciation. Thanks again!